Saturday, June 4, 2016

May 2016 turned me wiser

May 2016 was pretty slow. I had few setbacks, or rather I thought those are setbacks. They mounted up in my mind huge and I spent time in depression. Simultaneously, I have been reading a lot of books. You know, nothing else can cheer you up than a good book. Meanwhile, my closest friend gifted me an Amazon Kindle. So now, I have better reason to read. In fact, it was there on my bucket list for a long time. Somehow, I did not buy it. I thought my Amazon Kindle should have its original leather cover since it’s going to spend a lot of time in my hands. As usual, going for a branded cover was expensive, but it is worth. I loved my Kindle more when I adorned it with an elegant Navy Blue case.

That's my Kindle. I'm searching for a name for it..:)

On the other hand, I have messed my office work. I have been consistently late to office. I also couldn’t keep up my deadlines properly. I have no idea what’s coming down the pike. It’s the beginning of the new academic year and I have promised myself to become better. In fact, I thought if I don’t balance my office works properly, I will resign and sit at home. I know that is risky and could make me frustrated. But, I do not want to continue doing something when I cannot give my 100% to it. But, I love my workplace. So, I am taking some time to decide on it.


To talk about the books, I have started reading “Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead” by Nell Scovell and Sheryl Sandberg. Sheryl Sandberg is the Chief Operating Officer of Facebook. She has pointed out some relevant scenarios in women’s life. It’s way too interesting. There are some humoristic takes on things as well. I loved it more than “30 Women in Power”. I’m not sure why I’m getting pulled more into women leadership stories these days. Perhaps, I’m making a choice subconsciously. But, there is a feeling of ‘things-falling-into-places’. I can simply feel I am nearing something I always wanted. Touchwood. Let that be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment