Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The memory of writing my first poem…

People say creativity comes out of a spur of a moment. I do agree on this. I remember when I first wrote a poem. I was studying in Class 5 and was returning from school one evening. Unusually, it was a jeep instead of the school van. I sat near the door and kept watching the vehicles and people passing nearby. Towards the middle of the journey, I recognized that I was singing four lines in my mind. Unknowingly, I was repeating those lines to myself.


When I reached home, I got down from the vehicle. With no time left to think, I ran to the bedroom upstairs and stood in front of the mirror, singing and acting along that lines. I sang them aloud. I felt good. I never wanted to lose those lines. I took an old notebook and scribbled those four lines. When I finished writing the four lines, I can sense there were more lines naturally flowing to the pages. I poured everything that came to my mind into those pages and there my first poem was born.

I also remember, I wrote my first poem with a pencil instead of a pen.

P. S.: The poem was about a lady who was in jail. It described her desire to see her children.

1 comment: